Kel-Tech Safety Tips
Safety Tip 1:
CCOHS Safety Posters Links
Keep your employees and workers trained and informed with the latest safety procedures and techniques.
These PDF format posters are available free from CCOHS and WorksafeBC.
Safety Tip 2:
Many workplaces include spaces that are considered “confined” because they restrict activities of employees who must enter, work in or exit from them. These spaces, such as tanks, manholes, silos or pipelines, often present increased injury risks.
Here are some confined space safety tips from OSHA:
- Do not enter permit-required confined spaces without being trained and without having a permit to enter.
- Review, understand and follow employer’s procedures before entering permit-required confined spaces and know how and when to exit.
- Before entry, identify any physical hazards.
- Before and during entry, test and monitor for oxygen content, flammability, toxicity or explosive hazards as necessary.
- Use employer’s fall protection, rescue, air-monitoring, ventilation, lighting and communication equipment according to entry procedures.
- Maintain contact at all times with a trained attendant either visually, via phone, or by two-way radio. This monitoring system enables the attendant and entry supervisor to order you to evacuate and to alert appropriately trained rescue personnel to rescue entrants when needed.
Kel-Tech Safety Services
24hr. Emergency Services